Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Derelicts in market for closer

The Derelicts think they're one reliever away from getting back in the National Division race.

Derek's e-mail:

Greetings (again) fellow owners ...

First, I'd like to offer my appreciation to all who made offers last week, despite the fact that no triggers were pulled. The resurgence of Mr. Pedroia -- who now only trails Barmes in HR numbers -- has made it difficult to trade him, and my OF depth situation seems to have been settled for the moment, with the supplemental acquisition of Colby Rasmus.

However ...

The Derelicts remain in the market for a steady closer. My two injured third basemen, Mike Lowell and Alex Gordon, were both activated this week, so I am looking at either being forced to drop one of them or swing a deal.

That said, I'm offering the services of Clint Barmes, Gordon or Lowell (but would be willing to possibly discuss Ian Stewart), LaTroy Hawkins, and my supplemental pick for a package that would include a lesser backup 2B, a weaker 3B (who I would likely drop) and a consistent ninth-inning guy.

Just gauging the interest."

The Double D's (35-58) had their best week recently (5-1) but are 22 games back of the National Division-leading Cherry Valley Bombers.

No comments:

Post a Comment